Are you ready for a healthy and fit August??
Ready or not, the hottest days of summer are here. Anyone go on vacation or do you go on trips later in the summer? Is bikini season winding down or is it here until late September, like it is for me?
I was traveling quite a bit in July and felt that I never had a good sturdy plan for what I wanted to do, health wise. Traveling can be tricky in eating healthy, and keeping up with workouts, and I’m glad I have this month to devote most of my time and effort into doing so!
- Gluten: I’m going to do my best to eliminate gluten from my diet. I went to a gastroenterologist last year and through several tests I was informed I may be Celiac. Whether I am or not, I know that I have some intolerance to it as my digestion becomes less desirable when I eat it. I will be eating some when I absolutely crave or just need a quick meal, but I’m going to see how I feel this month on a limited amount.
- IF: I practice intermittent fasting regularly, and will be continuing. If you’re not familiar with this concept, check out Darren and Georgie over at www.veganfitness.com on more information!
- lemon water: This is a great way to keep your body alkalized and energized all while staying hydrated. I usually drink 1-1/2 gallons on lemon water daily
- Greens: Getting your greens in daily is key to better health; glowing skin, clear acne, energy utilization, etc. Eat at least 2 servings of fresh or frozen green plants-leafy greens, broccoli, zucchini, spinach, lettuces, herbs, peas, etc.
- Protein: I will be upping and monitoring my protein this month. I plan on getting 100 g per day, plant based!
- Macros: Speaking of macros, here is what I’m going to try to follow:
- protein:105 g
- fat: 52.5 g
- CHO: 277-340 g
- Calories: 1850-2250 (I’m going to keep to the lower side MOST DAYS because my goal is to lose fat and build muscle. If I were wanting to maintain, I will eat the higher amount. I will also be eating above 2250 on one day of the week to keep my metabolism from getting used to burning a lower amount).
August 1, Monday: Run/walk 30 minutes
August 2: Circuit- 20 squats, 10 lunges each leg, 25 high knees, 40 bicycle crunches, 20 donkey kicks each leg, 10 girly pushups 3x
August 3: Run/walk 45 minutes
August 4: Run/walk 30 minutes. Weighted lifts- bicep curls 10 pounds slow lift until failure, tricep dips slow until failure, barbell presses with dumbbells 10 pounds slow until failure, one set
August 5: HIIT-20 minute sprints, circuit (if not too sore)-20 sumo squats, dead lifts with 10 pound weights-slow lift until failure, 25 high knees, 30 butterfly kicks (abs), 15 supermans 3x
August 6: REST DAY
August 7: Walk 30-45 minutes, and/or yoga
August 9: Walk 45 minutes. 15-20 stretch
August 10: Run/walk 30 minutes. Weighted lifts-bicep curls 10 lbs slow lift until failure, tricep dips slow until failure, barbell presses with dumbbells 10 lbs slow until failure, one set
August 11: Jog 15 minutes. Circuit- 20 sumo or regular squats, 10 lunges each leg, 10 mountain climbers, 25 bicycle crunches, 10 girly pushups, 10 supermans, 3-4x
August 12: Sprints-sprint 1/2 lap (1/8 mile) and walk 1/2 lap. Repeat until 3 miles is complete. 15 minutes stretch.
August 13: REST DAY. Use this day to stretch and relax
August 14: Yoga or Circuit: 20 squats, 20 supermans, 20 bicycle crunches, 20 donkey kicks 3x
August 15, Monday: FIRST DAY BACK AT WORK 🙁 30-45 minute walk.
August 16: HIIT: 20 minutes of: burpees, mountain climbers, jump squats, high knees, plank-30 seconds each until 20 minutes is achieved
August 17: Walk/run 30 minutes. Weighted lifts: overhead presses, tricep extensions, bicep curls, deadlifts, butterflies-slow lift until failure, one set.
August 18: Walk/run 30-45 minutes, OR 20 minute sprints-1/2 lap sprinting, 1/2 lap walking until 20 minutes achieved. 15 minutes stretching.
August 19: REST DAY
August 20: Walk/run 45 minutes
August 21: Circuit-25 sumo squats, 10 lunges each leg, 25 donkey kicks each leg, 30 bicycle crunches, 15 supermans, 10 girly pushups 3-4x
August 22, Monday: HIIT-15-20 minute sprints, sprint 1/2 lap, walk 1/2 lap until 15-20 minutes achieved. 15 minutes stretching.
August 23: Walk 20 minutes. Weighted lifts: butterflies, straight arm extensions, overhead press, bent-over rows, slow lift until failure.
August 24: Walk/jog 60 minutes.
August 25: Yoga
August 26: REST DAY
August 27: Circuit: 20 sumo squats, 10 lunges each leg, 10 mountain climbers, 10 girly pushups, 20 donkey kicks each leg, 10 superman 3x
August 28: Walk 30-45 minutes
August 30: Weighted lifts-bicep curls, butterflies, tricep extensions, overhead presses, bent over rows. Slow lift until failure, 1 set
August 31: Walk/run 45 minutes
I would love for you to follow along! I needed to write this down and display it publicly so I can keep myself accountable. Just saying that I’ll workout on X day doesn’t work for me, I always end up finding something “better” to do, which is usually YouTubing (insert eye roll emoji here).
Let’s all buckle down and do this! Don’t feel obligated to do exactly what I have written. This is just a helpful guideline. Do what feels best for you or what you’d rather do that day.
If you want to swim instead of job, do it! Hate running? Try bicycling or just walk anytime it says to run or jog. Not a fan of yoga? Try stretching, and really focus on each muscle as you do this for 25-30 minutes.
I really need to focus on improving, not just my physique. Working out is a great stress reliever, motivator, and confidence booster. I feel 110% better after a workout and feel that I can almost conquer the world. Plus, slipping on a pair of my favorite skinny jeans like these without struggling is a nice perk ;-D
Are you ready to join??? Let me know if you try any of these so we can work on being better together!
Use #ellefoodandfit so I can see your progress 🙂